Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Difficulties

The hardest thing about cerebral palsy is that 1) Ordinary tasks that don't look hard are hard for me. Opening a cereal box for example, requires careful effort, but usually I do not put forth this effort as I hungrily rip the flaps on the box.
Pouring drinks: If a jug seems heavy, it's hard for me to pour it, or my wrist shakes with the effort. Luckily, my younger brother is happy to oblige.
Unwrapping coins of change: Bang against the side of the tray? No thank you, this causes the change to go everywhere, causing more sorting to occur, and so I carefully unwrap the rolls and may leave the paper in the drawer.
2) I may have worked really hard but it does not seem so. Sometimes looking at my workstation I may look like a hot, careless, mess. But maybe it was busy and I was having trouble putting all of the tenders in the teeny slot. Sometimes it feels as though I cannot try harder, don't ask me to, I can't do it. And I don't like to say I can't try harder but I suppose what I really would like is for some understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment