Monday, February 7, 2011

Ideas for products for people with disablities

  • Easy button shirts and pants
  • adaptable Make-up tools
  • fashionable shoes that are soft yet supportive
  • Equipment that eases lifting and pouring for cooking
  • Software that corrects handwriting and spacing
  • Binders and folders that make it easy to put papers in, and take them out
  • Mandatory accessibility for gyms and health clubs
  • Dentists and Orthodontists that are familiar with the dexterity issues of the hands and fingers.
  • Exercises in magazines that everyone can do
  • Validation that the experience of having a disability is not quite the same as not being good at sports or math, and actually having a disability is different from having worked with people with disabilities.

  • I don't want to feel like I must pretend CP isn't there.

  • True fairness. What I mean by that is, instead of saying a workplace would not give me a set schedule for me to be able to schedule the bus because it would be unfair to everyone else, a workplace would recognize that I need to schedule the bus because I cannot drive, walk to work, or use a regular city bus, not just because I feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment