Sunday, February 6, 2011

Why I never thought I would blog

I never thought I would blog because I don't think of myself as an extraordinary person. I'm just a petite gal from a big family in suburban Connecticut working at a supermarket. I'm not particularly neat or artistic, or mathematically inclined.
But here I am, because I feel there is a place for me, even though I don't stick out as someone who is really great at one thing or another. I like to write and I'm really great at being human. I try to never mispronounce or misspell someone's name, remembering their favorites, (For example, my niece loves cucumbers, my nephew loves the color orange, and a friend at work loves the Atlanta Braves because at age 11 she saw them on TBS and loved the colors.) I'm always asking if anyone needs a snack or drink at work, as I don't want anyone to be hungry or thirsty and it is totally possible to only bring money for say, a drink but then you are really hungry on your break.
I have been through some experiences some people have not because of cerebral palsy. I've had surgery, I've experienced general anesthesia, I've learned to walk a few times. But I have also rocked at Spanish, stunk at math, became decent with Math, passed tests on the first try and had to retake a test. I've won awards, I've been overlooked. I've been strong at work and I have cried from frustration and not even felt bad about it.
I'm here and I may not be 100% inspirational all the time, but I have a voice that can speak to a lot of people.
I want to start using this 'voice' more as I blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment