Monday, January 24, 2011

What I want people to know

  • Just because a person has a disability and works at a supermarket does not mean this person is a bagger
  • Just because a person has a disability does not mean that at 16 he or SHE did not go into a store and fill out an application on a whim to see what would happen on her own without any agency help.
  • People with disabilities can, in fact, pass difficult, required standardized tests such as the PRAXIS II
Things are possible, I learn this more and more every day. On a bulletin board I saw a basketball team at a gym advertised and I thought of signing up. Yesterday my niece wanted me to dance this dance she choreographed as only an enthusiastic three year old can. She said "You can try it." And then told me "You're doing great!"

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Melissa. These are such inspiring words to hear, as a parent of a young child with cp. Keep up the inspirational blogging!

    ReplyDelete