Sunday, September 16, 2018

I don't want to be perfect

I don't want to be perfect
I'm accepting of who I am 
and of who others are
If someone with a disability tells their story
they aren't seeking validation from an "abled"
they are telling you how it is
not merely their perception
their reality of what they live with every day
You don't need to investigate whether what I said was true
You don't need to ask my mom
Yes, I get that I am sensitive
I have examined a situation from every possible angle
and even if you had a bad day, which I am not allowed to have
because it's not inspirational to do so, or I feel it's negative 
what you said or did was probably uncalled for
In this world having a disability is a lot of work
Educating people, making them comfortable, overcoming structural obstacles and swallowing pain 
Yet others can have a bad day and be impatient and I'm supposed to nod.
I shake my head at that

No comments:

Post a Comment