Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Would I want to change the fact I have CP?

I have considered this question, and the answer is no, because right now it's not possible, and because overall, I am happy with who I am. A lot of the decisions are made for me. I know my limits and I know my choices and so in some ways my life is simpler. Also I believe the choice that I make is to focus on what I have rather than what I do not have not just for optimism but for my sanity. I can't think about what could have been because the fact is, I wasn't born full term, I wasn't compliant with an exercise program when I was younger, and I was more afraid to try new things. The only aspect of my life I can change is to make life the way I want it now, and now that I am thinking of that fact of life I think it's the same whatever a person is facing in life.

1 comment:

  1. Bravo, Melissa. I really hope my son feels the same way when he is older. I am coming to grips more and more with the idea that we *all* have our mountains to climb and I'm relieved to hear that you feel your CP is not insurmountable.

    ReplyDelete