Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A friendship that defies face-to face contact

When I was in high school, I started talking to teens online through the aol health boards. Then everyone from the CP boards grew up and we just didn't post as much but through these boards I received an email from a teenager, when I was 20 years old, asking if we could be pen-pals since my posts stood out to her.
And so I said OK. Seven years later, we are still each other's cheerleader. Through PT, through her high school and college and my graduate school years, we coached each other on. Remarkably,
We are both lefties. One of her siblings was born the same exact birthday as mine and her mother and I have the same birthday. She inspires me to give and I inspire her to be herself, and then because of that, I'm okay with myself too. I want to do more, more more because I know despite everything I have gone through I have a great life.
Thanks, Molls
Thanks for being you.

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty crazy. I use to talk to people online a lot, but very few people became actual friends.

    ReplyDelete