Thursday, March 17, 2011

The one aspect of CP I cannot talk about and avoid thinking about

is Driving. I avoided emotion about the subject for years. I simply would not feel, pushing a thought out of my head. Because I couldn't feel how I truly felt about it. I couldn't feel like driving would be impossible. That's just not me. I don't usually think tasks are impossible. Also, I know that it's not the end of the world, I know there are other things I can do, and that a lot of people can't do a lot of the things I can. If only I could get to work via poetry writing or playing a trivia game, I would be set. Part of me wants to try and the other part cannot stand to think about the fact that if I tried and it didn't work out anyway. My heart could not take it. Public transportation is not fabulous where I live, but for now I enjoy being near my family, and I think the biggest obstacle I face concerning the driving is the feelings I have about not driving, how trapped I feel. It may seem lame, but the pain I feel is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment