Friday, March 18, 2011

Half full, half empty

If a person were to ask me about my life, I would say It's great! I love my pets, my nieces and nephews love me, and I am fortunate to have three living grandparents that are relatively healthy. I'm smart and friendly, I know who I am, and I am a force to be reckoned with.

Yet, when talking about abilities concerning employment, I tend to mention my shortcomings. My organizational skills leave much to be desired. My brain tends to quit when I am overstimulated. I have trouble focusing on many different aspects of an issue, forgetting some aspects. I work slower than other people. What gives? I don't understand how in general I have an optimistic attitude and I even own a" half full" T shirt from Life is Good. But in talking about potential employment, what a downer I can be!

1 comment:

  1. I understand fundamentally what you're going through. It is a blessing indeed that you are a half full type person. As far as employment goes, don't worry about the tangibles that you bring to the table. Think about all the intangibles that make you unique and desirable to a company.

    ReplyDelete