Sunday, January 16, 2011

Things are possible

I attended the Uconn Women's Basketball game versus Louisville in Hartford, CT at the XL center w Something clicked within me.

Granted, I am five feet tall and already completed college. But it was just so much fun and I realized: I sell myself short. I looked at the court and said to myself "Hey I could run that; it doesn't look that big!" I pictured myself stretching with the team.
Another reason why I have been stuck in this post-college/grad school cashier phase is that I always wondered, "What have I accomplished to really say to people 'I made it?'" But it's not about specific achievements or even about myself but drawing other people out and encouraging other people to lead fuller lives because I am an encouraging person.

I often say to myself "Oh I don't like crowds" or "Oh it's too much walking."
Now, I'm not saying that Hartford, CT is like NYC and seeing a Broadway Show.
But I am saying, without my walker, just using my brother and grandma for supports, I did fine. I should not just count myself out but encourage myself to go more places, and even to be athletic

No comments:

Post a Comment