Saturday, August 6, 2011

Revelation

I used to feel bad about not being independent. I mean, needing help. And then suddenly, I stopped caring. Because it seems to me I was doing a whole lot of understanding in my life of other people's perspectives, and not receiving much in return. CP is tricky, because sure I could go to therapy every day, I could exercise, I could have surgery. But in the end, I will still have cerebral palsy and there isn't much I can do about that. It's not about trying harder or making up for anything it's living in the reality, without sugarcoating, that yes I do need help with some things. It's not saying that I have a bad life, or that what I have been through is the most horrible experience. It's just saying CP is here and no matter how hard I will try it's not leaving, so instead of trying to fight it, instead of feeling pressured to make up for what I lack through no fault of my own, I will try to make the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment