Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Life

Remembering the last night at home
scared of failure
Unsure of living with a roommate
Huge changes
And now I sit alone in my apartment
Huge changes
Because her room is empty
The family has collected her belongings
We attended services and said our Goodbyes
My mind flashes to when I told her that I loved her
and she said she didn't know but that she loved me too
pure joy
As she faded away, my dedication level was elite.
Staying up, asking questions, checking in.
Fearing, dreading, hoping
Love all around between myself and her carers
Enlisting family support
And praying, praying, praying
Please God let her go here
Here where we chatted and had snacks
Here when I texted when she couldn't hear what I was saying
Where she developed her own life
Not in a nursing home where this happens every day
and she might be alone in a room with no love
That can't happen
And on that horrible beautiful morning,
She departed and set herself free
And I exhaled with relief
Feeling as if I lived a life in a month
A life, actually in five days
But knowing the strength that she gave me
Will help me conquer the world

No comments:

Post a Comment