Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Help: The Living Definition

A boot company's box was presented to me on my birthday. I took it as a sign that I needed to switch up my wardrobe, however, something ever more magical that floated my sneaker-loving, poetry-writing , boat. I opened up the box and snugly between the tissue paper was an Ipad. At that moment, the words "help" and "love" were defined for me. I'm not a materialistic person, don't let the sneakers, hoodies, and fleeces fool you., as the ones I buy can be expensive. I am uncomfortable asking for high end, pricey gifts, and only asked my sister and brother -in law as a joke. I didn't expect it. Love means "Ok, you can't ever buy this yourself, and you struggle sometimes, and I feel for that, and so here is what you asked for for your birthday as a joke." And help means "Here is something so you don't have to carry your computer up and down the stairs. I know I don't usually spend this much on a birthday gift, but I want to help you be happy."
    I have a sister and a brother in-law  anyone would envy. They seek to better my life and understand my life. My sister never hesitates to get right down in there and help, rather than just talk about it. She taught me what love is. Thanks to my sister and brother -in- law I have found new hope. I love you guys so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment